czwartek, 24 marca 2011

Diarmid - Lennox , Macbeth w Toronto

Postanowiłam udostępnić ten list, jest piękny, sadzę. Przyszedł dziś. Dotyczy 'zamierzchłych' czasów. Ale te dawne czasy warte są rozpamiętywania, okazuje się.


Hello Eva!
                         "......by the grace of Grace
We will perform in measure, time, and place:
So thanks to all at once and to each one,
Whom we invite to see us crown'd at Scone."
My name is Diarmid John McLauchlan. I had the great fortune to be chosen by your husband for the role of Lennox in his 1984/5 production of ShakeSpear's Scottish play put on by Actor's Lab in Toronto, Canada. I will never forget Zygmunt's dedication to his mentor, teacher, and friend Jerzy Grotowski that he wrote in the printed program: TO WHOM I OWE SO MUCH. I was in my early 30's and remember thinking this seemed perhaps excessive....it was only theatre after all!  25 years later I thank God for having witnessed such courage, humour and conscious humanity. Zygmunt taught me to dance the Dance of Life...Tiger! Tiger! burning bright!
Never half a year passed but I would remember his presence in this world and look forward to somehow, sometime being with him again having a beer and not saying much except perhaps my only Polish word 'wash' which was communicated to me in a Toronto bar one evening as I pointed to a 'moosehead' on the wall!
But now that is not to be. As consolation I have finally found a copy of his Voice and Body Work and thrill to see those final moments of his Dyrygent film: his conducting young LIFE soung and then walking, perfectly, back into the forest. Dare I say that Merlin dreams again? "What do you SEE?" with a subtle chuckle....
                                                                                    .....the Sword is passed on!

2 komentarze:

  1. Piekny list! Jesli dobrze zrozumialam, to zachowala sie kopia filmu z przedstawienia? Dobrze byloby wejsc w posiadanie kopii i zachowac dla archiwum...A ponadto, doswiadczenia tego Pana to kopalnia wiedzy...chetnie bym przeczytala z nim wywiad na ten temat. Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Niestety, o ile wiem zapisu filmowego Macbetha nie ma. Ale jest trochę związanych z realizacją dokumentów. 2 dni temu Ryszard Nieoczym z Actor's Lab./lethalco.com/ obiecał znaleźć i przesłać.
    Film, który wspomina Diarmid powstał w 2007 jako kompilacja rejestracji Voice and Body w Brzezince.
    "Dyrygent" jest załącznikiem do Książki Zygmunta i Giuliano Campo. Jego fragmenty będzie można zobaczyć - od jutra w net/encyklopedii.

    OdpowiedzUsuń